Pilipino Funny KomiksSetyembre 14, 2010
Back then, there were no video games, internet, MP3, and home video. All we had then was TV with programs Batibot and Sesame Street being the favorites. And then appeared Pilipino Funny Komiks. Does it ring a bell? Does it brings a nostalgia effect on you?
When I heard about Funny Komiks, i started to reminisce the old times or my childhood. I remember my cousins collect those comics. They lend it to me so I started reading comic strips in it and learned to appreciate it as well. Pilipino Funny Komiks is a full color comics that’s why children would like to read it. It was first published in 1978 by Islas Filipinas Publications, Inc., a division of Atlas Publications, owned by Don Ramos Roces and was released weekly. It was filled with beautiful stories about animal superheroes and endearing characters.
But sad to say, it was last published on 2004. Hope that comics industry in our country will flourish in spite of the introduction of new gadget and technology.
Here are some comics strips included in Pilipino Funny Komiks:
• “Superkat” by L.S. Martinez
• “Batute” by Rene Villaroman (writer) and Vic Geronimo (Artist)
• “Bing, Bam, Bung” by Larry Alcala
• “Fantasyang Pinoy”
• “Planet Opdi Eyps” by Roni Santiago
• “Combatron” by Berlin Manalaysay
• “Tinay Pinay”
• “Eklok” by Vic Geronimo (Artist)
• “Tomas en Kulas” by Mike Rennen Oniate, then Oliver Page
• “Niknok” by Pat Reyes (writer) and Vic Geronimo (artist)
Moreover, here are some pinoy superheroes from Pilipino Funny Komiks:
• Tinay Pinay
• Death Metal is formerly Alchitran and now ally of Combatron
• Super Dog
• Super Kat
To learn more about Philippine literature please visit http://www.ejournals.ph.